We are always looking for the greatest possible comfort for our pets. It is about something fundamental for cat owners, finding the perfect house for their life partner.
In this article we have prepared a comparison guide of models, so that you learn everything you need to know about cat houses .
What do you have to take into account to choose the house for your cat?
House for cats, indoor or outdoor?
There are different types of houses for cats. The first thing you have to take into account is whether you want your pet to have his house inside or outside your home (although there are some that serve both options).
Once you have this clear, you must choose how you want the interior of the house to be . There are some with mattresses, others with pillows or cushions, and others with special padding for each type of cat, among others.
Cozy house for cats: tricks to get it
The best thing is that once you have chosen the materials, keep in mind that you have to make the house a cozy place for your cat . You can add objects or toys that make them feel comfortable, especially when the house is new, so that they are not reluctant to enter and make it their own space.
You can choose to buy your cat’s house directly with everything you need, although if you have free time and you feel like it, you could do it yourself . You just need to be clear about the materials and the shape you want it to have.
Although we may think that our cats sleep where they want , it is important that they have their own space, which has everything they need . Sometimes they also need privacy and tranquility, and nothing better for that than their own little house.
Aspects to take into account when buying your cat’s house
In addition to knowing the tastes of your pet, when choosing the ideal house you have to take into account how your cat would feel in that place . It is an important decision and your well-being may depend on it.
1. Main design of the house
The design will be different in houses designed for exterior and interior. But once you have this clear, you can decide if you want a simple design with light weight, or a more realistic one that will not be so easy to move around.
You will have to bear in mind that if it is for interiors, your cat’s house must be perfectly matched to the design of your home, so that you do not get tired over time of having an element that does not match anything with your house.
If you are looking for something bigger, you will find houses of up to two heights, with a terrace and stairs . Yes, cats also like to live in luxury homes.
2. Manufacturing materials
It is important to take into account the material with which your cat’s house will be made, in order to adapt it to the space in which it will be placed. In this way we avoid risks for your pet .
- For interiors, materials such as fabrics and plastics are often used , which are easy to clean and transport.
- However, for exteriors , it is more common to find materials such as different types of wood or conglomerates, which have special varnishes to prevent deterioration due to climate changes.
3. Measurements and dimensions
Although cats do not have much difference in sizes, it is necessary to verify their measurements to avoid future inconveniences.
However, most pre-designed houses are suitable for small and even medium-sized cats .
If you have a larger cat, make sure of its measurements in detail, so as not to end up buying a house that has little space available.
Your cat must be able to lie down comfortably and rest without mobility problems inside his own house.
Handmade cat houses
You can also make the house for cats yourself. If you feel up to it, there are several materials you can use for it.
Houses with recycling materials for your cat
- Cardboard houses for cats . With thin cardboard and pressed paper you can build a spectacular house for your kitten. You just have to take the measurements and you can make it the way you like the most.
- Houses made of wood for cats . If you’re good at carpentry, you need some planks, nails, and a touch of creativity.
- Cloth houses . If you have any excess fabric that is quite wide, or if you prefer to buy a special one, you can make a cat house in the shape of an Indian store. You just have to make sure that the sticks you use are well fixed to the ground.
Now that you know everything about cat houses, what are you waiting for to make your kitty have the best one?