Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs & Cats – Expert Vet Review
You will understand, the reputation of the brand is well established! The brand has developed many product lines in relatively diverse sectors. Bayer indeed offers pharmaceutical products (drugs, means of self-medication, etc.) in the field of human health . The brand continues to innovate to offer relief or comfort to people who are suffering. It is also diversifying into animal health with ranges of products protecting animals from fleas, ticks, lice and other parasites. Bayer is also present in the plant health sector by offering products that protect crops from insect invasions and other diseases. The brand is also present in the public, rural and industrial hygiene sector because it offers means of combating flying and crawling insects and other rodents. No need to prove its effectiveness to you! The brand would not be a leader on the world market if it were not efficient and competitive! All products are developed with the help of engineers, doctors and other highly qualified scientists to give complete satisfaction to consumers.
It’s not always easy to get these bloodsucking parasites under control. It’s even worse if you can’t find an effective flea and tick collar for your puppy.
Some collars only control the parasites around the neck, while others contain ingredients that cause unwanted side effects in your dogs.
And then there are those that don’t work at all – a complete waste of money. With so many collars on the market today, it can be difficult to find a collar that works for your dog.
Bayer is an international company born in Germany over 150 years ago. The company’s headquarters are located in Leverkusen, Germany. The company is mainly focused on the health and agriculture sectors.
The brand with the slogan “science for a better life” is committed to making its scientific and medical discoveries and innovations available to as many people as possible .
As you probably know, the infestation of our little animals by ticks and other fleas is problematic and even dangerous both for your pet but also for you and your family. This is why it is vital to take care of the treatment of ticks, larvae and fleas present on your pet (cat or dog). Indeed, when your animal is infested with ticks and fleas, it can transmit them to other animals but also to humans. It may be fashionable to remember that ticks and fleas are vectors of disease.
Unlike oral treatments, which only work after the animal has been bitten or bitten, the Seresto collar neutralizes parasites on contact before they can bite or bite your companion. It is composed of a polymer matrix that gradually releases its active ingredients in low doses, allowing it to remain effective for a long time. Since it cannot be renewed as often as treatments in pipettes, there is no need to be afraid of a mistake!
Odourless, waterproof and easy to install, the Seresto pest control collar is an effective way to protect your pet against parasites in a durable and effective way.
Seresto Or Flea Collar Bought In A Store
Kills fleas and ticks very quickly – Can kill fleas in as little as 2 hours and ticks in 6 hours The speed of destruction is important for flea and tick control. You want a flea to be dead before it can lay eggs. Usually it’s 24 hours. Ticks must also be killed in the same time frame to prevent disease transmission. Store-bought collars tend to grow back rather than kill, and when they do kill, the process is very slow.
Odourless and leaves no residue – Other flea collars often have an overwhelming smell and tend to leave a white powdery residue on the hand.
Provides long-lasting, effective protection – Seresto provides protection for up to 8 months and kills over 90% of fleas, even on the last day Most other flea collars only provide protection for up to 3 months, and the percentage of fleas killed decreases significantly over time.
One of the most popular methods to eliminate a parasite infestation is to use a flea repellent collar, such as the Seresto dog collar manufactured by Bayer DVM US. This collar comes with a powerful, waterproof formula that fights fleas and ticks and helps your dog stay healthy.
The Seresto Flea collar for dogs has a number of important features that distinguish it from similar products:
- Kills on contact, no need to bite
- Lasts 8 full months
- Technology for sustainable release
- It is not greasy or messy
- Cover your dog’s skin and coat completely with the active ingredients.
- Water resistant
- Insurance for dogs and puppies aged 7 weeks or older.
- Offers both treatment and prevention against fleas and ticks
- It is easy to operate and requires little maintenance
Special features of Seresto flea and tick collars
This necklace differs from other flea and tick necklaces by several features. Here are some of them.
- It has a long lifetime. Its durability is superior to all other methods of flea and tick control.
- It is equipped with reflective tweezers. They improve visibility at night and ensure that your pet is clearly visible.
- It is waterproof. It is not necessary to remove the collar when bathing your dog. In addition, your dog is always protected, even if you are standing in the rain or taking an occasional bath.
- It is equipped with a quick release safety mechanism. This makes it easy to release the animal in case the collar gets stuck.
The active ingredients of Seresto
This necklace has two active components that are:
- Imidacloprid: kills fleas and adult larvae
- Flumethrin: repels ticks and kills them
The Seresto collar is designed so that its active ingredients (imidacloprid and flumetrin), when worn around a dog’s neck, are gradually released into your pet’s coat.
These components are released continuously and in low concentrations. They are then distributed throughout your pet’s body, from head to toe.
If a flea comes in contact with your pet’s coat, Imidacloprid will destroy your pet’s nervous system. The parasite becomes paralyzed and confused and eventually dies.
The other ingredient, flumethrin, is the insecticide used to keep ticks away from your dog. It also kills any ticks that might come in contact with your pet.
A unique feature of this super combination of ingredients is that it is capable of killing fleas and ticks, which are also in the larval stage.
In this way, the collar eliminates ticks and fleas at all stages of the parasite’s life cycle. This is extremely important when treating an infestation so that you can be sure that you have got rid of all the little invaders.
As an added bonus, these collars also treat lice or sarcotic mange on your dog’s skin.
What are the side effects of the Seresto flea collar?
According to the Seresto, sensitive dogs may experience mild reactions such as redness, hair loss and scratching at the point of use, although these symptoms usually subside within one to two weeks without the collar being removed. In some cases, temporary removal of the collar and a bath may be recommended until these symptoms have disappeared.
In very rare cases, dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur at the site of application. If these side effects occur, remove the collar from your dog and keep a close eye on your puppy. If these symptoms persist or worsen, contact your vet immediately.
How to put on the Seresto Flea Collar For Dogs & Cats
- Remove the cuff from its protective packaging.
- Unroll the cuff and remove the small plastic connectors from the cuff. Throw them away.
- Pass the end of the collar through the loop in your dog’s neck.
- Fit the collar to your dog’s neck and make sure it is not too tight.
- As with a standard dog collar, insert two fingers between the collar and your dog’s neck to ensure a perfect fit.
- Pull the excess collar through the buckle and then cut off the excess length that exceeds the buckle by more than one inch.
- Once the cuff is in place, permanently attach the three reflective clips to the cuff. The reflective clips should be evenly distributed over the non-overlapping portion of the treatment cuff. You should hear a click when these clips are applied correctly.
- Once the reflectors are in place, the collar is permanently closed, not opened. This safety device keeps the dog secure and the collar securely attached to the dog.
- Do not remove the Treatment Cuff until the dog is eight months old.
- Check the collar’s fit regularly and adjust it if necessary, especially for growing puppies.
How long does it take for the Seresto to start working?
The Seresto Flea Collar kills fleas that are already on your dog within 24 hours, and any fleas that reappear are killed within two hours. Puppies from pre-existing environmental infestations may continue to appear for six weeks or more, and Seresto also helps control flea larvae in your puppy’s environment by killing them upon contact with any dog treated with Seresto.
Ticks that are already present on your dog when you first treat him with a Seresto collar will not be killed immediately and can remain visible and attached. Therefore, when you put the collar on, you should remove all existing ticks from your dog. Within 48 hours, the Seresto Flea Collar will begin preventing a new tick infestation. After that, reinfected ticks are repelled or die within 6 hours.
Previous research on Seresto collars has shown that these collars are among the best flea and tick treatment plans available on the market today. They are durable, odorless and can be used on dogs of all sizes. Plus, the convenience of not having to treat your pets for eight months is worth every penny.
Buy yours today and your money will count!
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.