When we adopt a dog, it becomes part of our family. With this, we acquire a responsibility for the rest of our lives and the life of the “furry”. Or is it that you would abandon your son or sister to their fate? We doubt it! But it is not only about giving shelter, but also about taking care of it, and, for that, pipettes for dogs are marketed.
Dogs like to go out for a walk even if they live in the city, we don’t even talk if they are from the country! Due to this canine taste for outdoor activity, they are exposed to countless parasites and diseases.
The most important
- The best pipettes for dogs have active ingredients that can be made from chemicals or from components of natural origin. The latter tend to be less risky, although they can sometimes be less effective. A detailed study, and the specific situation of your dog, will help you to buy the most suitable one.
- The benefits of the best pipettes for dogs are multiple. Not only are they extremely safe, but they are also easy to apply, inexpensive, and offer essential protection for your dog’s overall good health.
- When buying one of the best pipettes for dogs on the market, you must assess aspects such as the environment in which you live. If your dog is in constant contact with other animals, as well as if the area you live in is characterized by humidity, it will be more prone to mosquito bites and parasite attacks. Assess the different aspects that can lead you to a suitable purchase.
The best pipettes for dogs on the market: our recommendations
In a world where drug companies rampage for their piece of cake, buying the right product is not easy. There are many interests at stake and, protected by the motto “you have so much, so much you are worth”, they seek, above all, profit. But it’s not always like this. Here are the five best pipettes for dogs today.
- The best pipette for large dogs
- Best Pipette for Medium Dogs
- The best pipette for small dogs
- The most natural pipette for dogs
- The most durable pipette for dogs
The best pipette for large dogs
The giant Bayer offers us Advantix pipettes for dogs, characterized by being especially effective in protecting your “furry” against parasites and harmful external agents. The brand boasts of offering a two-in-one action product, as it is not only a useful flea repellent, but also a great insecticide (great as mosquito repellent).
For large dogs, its active ingredients dissolve without problems in the dermis of the dog, which guarantees maximum protection, but also a reduction in possible side effects. If your “furry” suffers from fleas at the time of using the product, they will die in the next 24 hours. Its effects usually last between three and four weeks.
Best Pipette for Medium Dogs
Although this product enjoys mixed opinions, it should be remembered that they are largely due to the ignorance of the users. Because a pipette for dogs, no matter how good, can not guarantee 100% effectiveness, since innumerable variables come into play. Despite this, Zotal’s Parasital antiparasitic pipettes are an excellent option.
Like the rest of pipettes for dogs, this proposal offers protection for a month, with the plus of using only 100% natural repellants. It is effective against fleas, ticks and mosquitoes (as the transmitter of leishmaniasis). Of course, for superior effectiveness, start using it about three or four weeks before the time of highest concentration of insects.
The best pipette for small dogs
This is one of the best insecticide-free dog pipettes available on the market today. Ideal for small and medium dogs, its application is simple, since it is enough to apply the pipette starting with the neck and ending with the tail. To maintain adequate protection, you should repeat the process every four weeks. Nothing new under the sun.
Although the solution is 100% natural, you must be cautious when handling it. This means that the contents of the pipette should not come into contact with the eyes of your “furry” and, much less, with mucous membranes or wounds, as it can be harmful to their health. Remember, in addition, that the package contains five pipettes, that is, its duration is one month and one week.
The most natural pipette for dogs
With a dissimilar application depending on the size and weight of your dog, these natural antiparasitic pipettes for dogs are sold free of chemical insecticides. That is why they do not present any problem when used in puppies older than three months, pregnant dogs or dogs that tend to have allergies to conventional synthetic solutions.
Highly effective against all types of parasites and insects, DISANE’s 100% natural pipettes for dogs are easy to apply (in the area that joins the neck and back, and at the beginning of the tail). The only thing, remember that the substance must come into contact with the skin, so you must separate the hair of your “furry” after use. Redosing is every fifteen days.
The most durable pipette for dogs
Beaphar Dog Repellent Pipettes are intended for use on small dogs. Its composition is specific to repel fleas, mosquitoes and ticks. They are made from margosa and pyrethrum – tree and plant, respectively – known for their repellent properties against insects and other harmful external agents.
The Beaphar option is effective in dogs up to 15 kg in weight. On the other hand, it must be redosed every month, something common to almost all proposals. The box contains three pipettes of 1 ml each. Therefore, you can use it for up to three months. To do this, apply the liquid on the neck and behind the ears (in an area where your dog cannot lick itself).
Shopping Guide: What You Should Know About Dog Pipettes
Pipettes for dogs are still a medicine. Therefore, they present a specific dosage. To avoid possible problems, you should always follow the instructions on the product. But when it comes to other questions about the best pipettes for dogs of 2020, we can help you. Therefore, we answer the most frequently asked questions below.
What are pipettes for dogs and how are they used?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using pipettes for dogs?
What recommendations should be followed when using pipettes for dogs?
- Try to avoid bathing your dog just before and after the application. If so, the effectiveness of the dog pipette you use will be reduced. Sometimes it will be enough to wait a day to be able to bathe him normally again. However, not all of them work the same way, so it is best that you consult the leaflet before taking anything for granted.
- Mix the best pipettes for dogs with other repellants or antiparasites. There are also sprays and collars on the market that can enhance the effects of pipettes. With them, the efficiency will be very close to being total. Everything is little when it comes to preventing your dog from having a bad time or even contracting certain diseases.
- Take into account, first of all, what you want to fight. Study your area well. Is it full of mosquitoes? If so, which ones? Are there many fleas? All information is little. The why? Not all pipettes for dogs are designed to fight against the same pathogens, therefore, apart from looking for the most complete, you should focus on the one that offers greater protection against the most common in your area.
Can the best pipettes for dogs have side effects?
Are pipettes for dogs 100% effective?
The corollary, finally. You think you know everything, and no! There it is, waiting to put the finishing touch. And so necessary! So below we collect the key points that you must handle when buying the best pipettes on the market. Because no matter how good one is, not all of them work the same, since it depends on the circumstances in which your dog lives:
- Area you live in
- Time of the year
- Synthetic or natural
Buying one of the best pipettes for dogs depends on the size of it. The dose is not the same for a 5 kg dog as for a 20 kg dog. Therefore, you should look for specific pipettes for the dog you have. Sometimes there are universal options such as DISANE pipettes, although when applying them you will have to vary the dose depending on the weight of your “furry”.
Area you live in
Depending on the climate in which you and your “furry” live, the concentration of mosquitoes and various pathogens will be different. Therefore, you must first analyze what the area in which you live is like: terrain, vegetation or climate, among other aspects. And it is that in more humid and hot places, for example, there is usually a higher concentration of mosquitoes. Buy accordingly.
Time of the year
It connects with the previous factor, but is worth covering individually. Although it is advisable to treat your dog throughout the year, depending on the season you may have to change the pipette or reinforce the treatment with alternatives. Because parasites and mosquitoes vary their presence depending on whether it is summer or winter. Adapt to terrestrial translation.
Do you walk through areas where there are other animals? Do you like to travel with your dog to places with different climates than where you live? Do you live in the country and your animal spends a lot of time outdoors? Mosquitoes, ticks and fleas will attack more or less in relation to each answer, which will lead you to buy a different pipette for dogs.
Chemical or natural
Although it rarely occurs, your dog may have an allergic reaction to the pipettes. In these cases, you must check the active ingredient of the product you are using and change it for another that is respectful of your “furry”. Generally, pipettes for dogs based on natural ingredients are less “dangerous” than pipettes based on chemicals.
Taking care of your dog is not an option, but a verdict. When you take one in, they become a member of the family. With this, you must try to do the best for him, and health is not a game. To avoid the development of possible diseases, as well as the appearance of fleas or lice on your dog’s coat, there are the best Amazon pipettes for dogs.
Obviously, not all of them will work well for your dog. You must take into account aspects such as size, the time of year in which you are, the climate in which you live or if your “furry” is allergic to certain active ingredients. With this cocktail, you will be able to buy the most suitable pipette for your pet and make each walk a unique but safe adventure.